Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On All iDevices
Apple has been quick to patch the last of the bugs found in the iOS 6.1.1. With the release of iOS 6.1.2 it seemed that Apple would patch the jailbreak exploit as well. Fortunately, they haven't. The developers of the jailbreak tool Evasi0n are on a roll as they have updated the software to support iOS 6.1.2. Evasi0n v1.4 can now untether jailbreak iOS 6.1.2.
Note: This Jailbreak tool is available for all the iDevices mentioned below:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad mini
- iPod touch 4
- iPod touch 5
Its supported firmwares are:
- iOS 6.0
- iOS 6.0.1
- iOS 6.0.2
- iOS 6.1
- iOS 6.1.1
- iOS 6.1.2
Evasi0n tool supports all iDevices except Apple TV 3 and it is recommended that you backup your device using iTunes or iCloud before proceeding.
All the steps are exactly the same as before. Nothing has changed. If you haven't read up on the topic, we would suggest you look into a full tutorial.
Please read the instructions below and follow them to the dot:
1. Update your iDevice to iOS 6.1.2 via iTunes restore. Click here to download iOS 6.1.2 and update your iDevice manually.
2. Download Evasi0n Jailbreak Tool v1.4 on your Windows, Mac or Linux. (Download links provided below).
3. Disable password lock in case you have enabled it on your iDevice. To do so, go to Settings --> General --> Passcode Lock, and then just switch it off.
4. Run Evasi0n on your computer to get started.
5. Connect your iDevice to your computer via data cable and make sure that your computer recognises it.
6. Hit the jailbreak option and wait for the software to complete performing necessary steps to jailbreak your device. Do not touch your device or your computer during this time.
7. Once done, your iDevice will boot back up. When it does, unlock your device, and click on the icon which will now be available on your homescreen named "jailbreak". Click on it and wait.
8. After rebooting a couple of times, you will then have access to Cydia on your homescreen. This means that you have successfully jailbroken your iGadget. Congratulations!
Download Evasi0n Jailbreak Tool v1.4
About the Author:
This article is written by Dr. Sindhia Javed Junejo. She is one of the core members of RHA team.