Well, The title is self explanatory. This post would not rely upon my input but it would rely upon your input, We will be gathering here 100 ways to become a better hacker. In other words 100 ways to improve your skills as a hacker.
Rules1) Every person would get the credit for his submission.
2) The submissions needs to be precise and should be unique from what others have submitted so far.
3) Only the top 100 submissions would be entertained.
4) Once we are finished with accepting and publishing 100 submission, you can still submit your answers, What we would do then is overwrite the existing ones with the better ones.
5) Only submission via comments would be accepted.
100 ways to become a better hacker
2) Understanding all possible user inputs is the fastest way to hack into the systems. ~ Shahin Ramezany
3) When u gain access to an account or whatever u hacking in to, best practice do not alter anything. just monitor the activity and continue fetching information u need. ~ josh odongo
4) Travel and see different countries, it will make you better ~ Egor Homakov
5) Never hesitate for usage of Google and other resources available i.e. exploit-db, and be updated with versions and bugs in each versions, for example, if I talk about WordPress, then one who is looking to hack WordPress website or pentest, then he should be well aware of at least 3.0+ versions updating, so whichever version is being used on the website, he should know the vulnerabilities in that and their exploitation ~ Anonymous
6) RTFM, don't expect handouts. Educated questions, gets you educated answers ~ TomG
7) Move to Linux, learn Programming Languages C, Pearl, Lisp, Java and Html and write open source programs. Improve your functional English. ~ Asfar
8) The most important factor for becoming a good hacker is, you must have your personal interest with computers. Additionally, you have to be definite in your work, such that you should take exactly interest in One thing at a single time. After covering the appropriate level of theory, the learner should try it practically as much as his satisfaction level. Watching Tutorials only for taking points, not really for following them from a to z exactly, because you have to be a good learner only if you have your personal intention for doing the things creatively. ~ Nasruminallah Zeeshan
9) One thing , Learn how old Hackers Started don't focus on new Programs like BACKTRACK , METASPLOIT , Learn Manual Hacking , Learn Coding and be patient ! Knowledge will come with time ! and practice all methods ~ Amie
10) Do not rely on tricks for hacking. As they will keep you a script kiddie, get deep understanding about stuffs. And also don't rush from one topic to another. All those combined will make you a better hacker. "Slow and Steady wins the race" ~ Bluff Master
11) A support will always lift you up. Join groups, forums. Keep yourself updated with latest hacking news by reading blogs [Like this ;)], tweets etc. ~ Sahil Sehgal
12) Understand what programming language to use at what moment. You're time is valuable so don't waste it writing something that could have been done faster! (and understand the difference between a scripting language and a programming language, python for example is a programming language. ~ Saikia81
13) During hacking remain mentally intact and focus on your each step. During a step always remember your next steps and the way you have to link them. Dont always use old methods and tricks, try new one and use your own mind too. and remember one thing that there is no shortcut of Hacking, to became a hacker, you have to give your whole passion to hacking. "Hacking is an Art, and Hacker is an Artist". ~ Ali
14) This Attitude should be there within "SWEAT MORE IN PRACTISE, SO YOU BLEED LESS IN WAR" #defensive #offensive #B31212Y
15) Whatever you're going to test,start it with a basic stuff. If you dont know any,start learning.
~ Ahmed Ashraff
16) Enumeration is the key to pwnage, the more you enumerate the more attack surface you get ~ Prakhar Prasad
17) Be patient! Learn different protocols and read the RFCs to understand how they work and if there are some "security by design" issues. After that you should try to understand the context you're in and therefore develop an exploit for this particular context. ~ David Viera Kurz
18) Sleep less, read more. Learn & Think & Try & Fail & Never give up. Remember, "...imagination will take you everywhere". ~ Gökmen GÜREŞÇİ
19) Don't compete anyone, never think you are the best, just compete "the you in the past". There will always be a vulnerability waiting for being discovered, by someone who thinks different. Understanding human logic makes things easier. "Hackers realize, kiddies memorize" ;) ~ Agd_Scorp
20) Learn your own systems inside out, before moving on to other systems. The better you know your own, the more capable you will find yourself when it comes time to make your system work for you. ~ jericho
21) To be a good hacker, you need have good social engineering skills. Try to understand your victim's mentality, it will give you the ability to guess his/her confidential information ~ Shakil Hussain
22) A great person had said "if i had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 6 hours sharpening my axe". Apply this on yourself. Prepare yourself! Learn programming, networking, scripting and all, be passionate, motivate yourself then start hacking with your own ideas...You will surely win! #initinpandey
23) Use your inner power to became a great hacker. Just keep reading.. The more you read..the more you understand things behind the scene. ~ nikhilkulkarni
24) A startup now can be just a pair of 22 year old guys. A company like that can move much more easily than one with 10 people, half of whom have kids. ~ Anonymous
25) Think of all the psychic energy expended in seeking a fundamental distinction between "algorithm" and "program" ~ Amit Prakash
26) If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? ~Sunny Rockzzzz
27) Out in the field, any connection with home just makes you weaker. It reminds you that you were once civilized, soft; and that can get you killed faster than a bullet through the head.”~ Henry Mosquera
28) Most hackers are young because young people tend to be adaptable. As long as you remain adaptable, you can always be a good hacker.” ~ Emmanuel Goldstein
29) Be very careful. We suggest getting a book on HTML to avoid becoming a real legend in the hacker world. Putting up a web page before you know how to put up a web page is generally a very bad idea. The .gov sites are an exception. ~ th3.d3sty0y3r
30) We were addicted to hacking, more for the intellectual challenge, the curiosity, the seduction of adventure; not for stealing, or causing damage or writing computer viruses. ~ Defencely.com
31) To be a good hacker you have to learn from yourself. Learn from books like "The basics of ethical hacking and pen testing" and "The web app hackers handbook-Ed.2". Once you learnt these books i promise you will be able to hack systems as well as web apps. ~ Aarshit Mittal
32) Try to see, feel and possibly touch everything that you learn, only then you will be confident about your attacks/defenses. ~ Nishant Das Patnaik
33) Adopt the mindset of a hacker ~ Mohamed Shimran
34) You may not be there yet but with everyday practice you will be closer than yesterday. ~ Anonymous
35) Set of code has to be made by a hacker Don't get caught Learn the basic functionality of a system and network then explore their loop holes Every developer make mistake while developing identify the exploit and notify them to the develop ~ Vinoth Vel o
36) Learn Russian. Every infosecurity geek should know Russian. ~ i Sciurus
37) When you learn something in this field, always put it to good use .Defacing websites will not make you a better hacker, but, helping someone with their security might earn you a respect even higher than what a blackhat may get . ~ Himanshu Sharma
38) Learn how the technology you are trying to hack works inside and out before you try to hack it. It's much easier to find a way in if you understand exactly how and why the technology works. ~ David Melnichuk
39) Be consistent. If you want to learn, dedicate a certain amount of time every week to learning. Don't take breaks because you will forget things. When it comes to ethical hacking, you have to learn and understand certain things before you can move on to understanding something else. Building on top of itself. ~ David Melnichuk
40) Find a safe and legal way to practice what you learn. Without actually doing what you read/watch, you won't know anything. You will learn 1000x more from doing something then from reading about it. Don't get stuck in the trap of watching/reading without trying everything you learn. You can use VirtualBox to create linux virtual machines to practice on. ~ David Melnichuk
At RHA Infosec we provide different types of Security Testing from small business sites to Corporate Sites. Click Here to know more about our complete list of services.
Kindly Bookmark it and Share it with Friends: